Prof Esuh’s appointment which takes immediate effect and comes less two months after he demonstrated a rare depth of scholarship and intellection as the 86th Inaugural Lecturer of the University of Uyo.
His lecture was entitled: “Persuading The Persuaders: A Rhetorico-Semiotic Direction to Marketing communications.”
Professor Esuh, Chairman, Akwa Ibom Land Use and Allocation Committee, who has taught in the University for more than 25 years, was until his latest elevation the 11th Head of the Department of Communication Arts – which today has evolved into a faculty.
The faculty has eight departments, namely:
Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing Communications, Broadcasting, Film and Multimedia Studies, Information and Media Studies, Strategic and Corporate Communication, Development Communication.
Prof Esuh obtained his PhD in Mass Communication, majoring in Advertising and Public Relations in 2001.
An indigene of Uboro-Oro in Urue Offong Oruko LGA, Akwa Ibom State, Esuh is a worthy alumnus of Methodist Boys’ High School Oron.
Nigeria’s first Professor of Corporate and Marketing Communications, and Applied Rhetoric Esuh has been consistently listed in Archiever’s Who’s Who in Nigeria for more than a decade.
He was cited in Who is Who in Akwa Ibom State in 2012.
In 2021, Esuh made an exclusive list of fifty Golden influencers in Nigeria, and received the coveted award for his contributions to education.
Peter Esuh is the 50th Anniversary Distinguished Speaker Awardee of the Lions Club International District 404, Nigeria.
He is an Awardee of the International Academic Merit Award 2014.
He is also a Fellow of Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria, and was at some point:
• Editor-in-Chief, Voice of Oro (2002).
• State Co-ordinator, International Institute of Journalism (2004 till date).
• State Co-ordinator, African Council for Communication Education (2005).
• Co-ordinating Secretary, African Council for Communication Education, South South Nigeria.
• Visiting scholar in Mass Communication and Journalism to more than five Nigerian Universities and is currently the Editor-in-Chief “INNOVATION” – a University of Uyo Graduate School Journal.
Esuh twice had a shot at the Governorship seat of Akwa Ibom State, and holds membership in several professional bodies, including:
° Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON).
° Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR).
° Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ).
° African Council for Communication Education (ACCE).
° International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS, Japan).
° Member, Amnesty International.
° Member, European Centre for Research, Training and Development UK.
° Member, National Institute for Research and Development.
• He is well published in local and international journals and has presented more than 50 papers in local and international conferences in Nigeria, Africa, Europe, Asia and the United States of America.
CONGRATULATIONS, Our Dear Prof.
It’s another feather to you colourful hat.
Honour 👑 Well Ɗeserved.