The member representing Etinan federal constituency, Hon. Onofiok Luke has reiterated that, he is still in the race for governorship and that, his supporters should not be deterred.
The MP made the statement on his official social media handle after a critical stakeholders meeting with the governor in the government house where Governor presented his preferred aspirant that will succeed him today 30th January, 2022 in Uyo.
According to him;
“We Are Still On Course
- Out of respect and as a loyal party man, I honored an innocent invitation from the Governor for a meeting this evening at the lodge;
- At the meeting my brother from my local government and Federal Constituency, Pst Umo Eno was presented as the choice of the Governor for succession;
- It was at the said meeting that I heard of the agenda and choice for the first time and no one held any discussion with me prior to the meeting;
- I am not against the choice of the Governor coming f rom my local government, Federal Constituency nor the aspiration of my brother;
5.However, as a fellow aspirant from the same local government at the same advantage when successful, my aspiration to serve the state in the capacity of the Governor remains on course;
- This statement would not have been necessary but not for the misrepresentation in media which may create a negative impression about my person and the reputation God has helped me to build these number of years in public service;
- My supporters and those sympathetic to my cause should please note that we are as resolute as ever in our desire to give our people purposeful leadership in the office of the Governor come 2023.
God’s Amazing Grace has always seen us through and will always see us through”.
Onofiok Akpan Luke